When one thinks of what a financial planner does, many probably think about investments or maybe helping prepare for retirement or perhaps even getting a better handle on one’s expenses.
It can be all of those things and here at FPS, we do quite a bit of that every day.
Recently, I was telling a client who was approaching 65 that I helped a client that week research Medicare plans to find what was a good fit for them.
My client looked at me and said, “I didn’t know you guys helped folks with that?”.
It got me thinking about all the things we help clients with and that we probably don’t do a great job communicating that to them.
In addition to Medicare planning, here is a list of things we help clients with:
- Social Security guidance
- Student loan reduction or elimination
- College planning
- Pre Divorce planning
- Life insurance, disability, long term care insurance or annuity placement. (As a fee only firm, we don’t sell insurance, but we partner with those that do. We can also evaluate a current life policy or annuity to see if it is still a good fit for you.
- Guidance in purchasing or leasing a car
- Helping recent widows or those recently divorced with a plan moving forward
- End of life planning
- Tax planning strategies
- Help with a home purchase or sale
- Stock option planning
- Helping adult children of clients with a variety of financial matters
So, my question to you. If you were us, how would you best get the word out on all of the services we provide?
Feel free to comment or reach out to me personally.
Want to schedule a complimentary call with me? Click on my calendar link HERE
Want to be added to our award winning weekly Friday newsletter? Click HERE to sign up and check it out.
In good health.
All the best.
Rick Fingerman, CFP®, CDFA®, CCPS®
617-630-4978Financial Planning Solutions, LLC (FPS) is a Registered Investment Advisor. Financial Planning Solutions, LLC (FPS) provides this blog for informational and educational purposes only. Nothing in this blog should be considered investment, tax, health, or legal advice. FPS only renders personalized advice to each client. Information herein includes opinions and source information that is believed to be reliable. However, such information may not be independently verified by FPS. Please see important disclosures link at the bottom of this page.